Espresso contains activities, videos, stories and articles relating to all areas of the Primary curriculum. We especially draw your attention to the Reception and Key Stage 1 activities which are designed to help children develop their letter sounds and number skills.
If you have a computer or tablet with internet access, you and your children can use Espresso at home. Take a look at your children’s weekly home learning to see what they have been learning in class and search Espresso for videos and activities to reinforce their learning.
Follow the link below and enter the school username and password to access Espresso at home:
Lexia Core 5 Reading
Lexia is an individually tailored interactive phonics software program that is available in school to every child. Our children take part in Lexia Core 5 sessions as a whole class, in small groups or they work individually. When working individually, students are automatically placed at the correct level and work independently to develop their early reading skills. The program provides explicit, systematic, adaptive learning on foundational reading skills, scaffolding students as they struggle and advancing them to higher levels as they demonstrate proficiency.
If you have internet access via a computer or tablet, your child can continue their learning at home. Children who can commit to a daily 10 – 15 minutes on the program generally make good progress.
Follow the link below to access Lexia Core 5 at home:
If the link requires a teacher email, please enter firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are using the app you need to download the Lexia Core5 Reading (UK) version.
Oxford Reading Buddy (ORB) is a digital reading service that supports each child’s personal reading journey, motivates them to succeed, and provides our teachers with valuable insights into their attainment and development.
It is easy to use and is used in class, groups and home to support children’s independent reading.
- Coaching eBooks that contain a personalised ‘Reading Buddy’ who models key comprehension strategies, supporting children as they read
- An extensive eBook library, with hundreds of eBooks from loved and t rusted Oxford series such as Oxford Reading Tree,providing children with extra practice and consolidating their learning
- Comprehension quizzes that are carefully matched to each eBook, as well as further quizzes for Oxford’s print books that teachers may already in their schools, deepening and developing children’s comprehension skills
- Progression for every child that is underpinned by the expertly devised Oxford Levels system, ensuring every child is reading at the appropriate level for their needs
- Detailed progress reports and data to support teachers with insights into each child’s attainment and reading development, so they can quickly pinpoint where extra support is needed
- An in-built reward system, where children gain badges as they progress in their reading, building motivation into every step of their reading journey.
Click on the link below to log on to ORB at home:
Oxford Owl for School & Home
Free access for School and Home – wealth of free content on Owl for Home, including our full eBook library, activity sheets, and support videos, which will help parents whilst children are away from the classroom.
Sumdog is a way for children to practice math skills while playing fun, math-related games against friends, classmates, or students from around the world. Games are individualized for each child’s ability level, so users can play against opponents who have the same skills. Sumdog’s educational games are used in thousands of schools worldwide. As children play the educational games, they answer questions – each one personalised to their own needs. It gets to know each child, guiding their learning, while reporting back to parents on their progress through the curriculum.
Follow the link below to access Sumdog at home:
Log in details
Log in details are given to all children and are attached to your child’s home learning at the beginning of the academic year. Please see your child’s class teacher if you have misplaced them.
Please email email@example.com if you have any issues logging into to any of the Home Learning Resources.
We aim to respond to any emails with 48 hours.